Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sea Otter

What an awesome day! Sunday at Sea Otter I finally had a breakthrough ride that I've been working towards for a long time now. For part of 2007 and all of last year I've been consistent with good training and good results, but didn't have any one big breakthrough day like Sea Otter turned out to be.

It was HOT and the start on the road was CRAZY with 150 guys going all over the place. I had a good move onto the trails and knew I was around top 40, and slowly worked by some guys during the big 19 mile lap. I really didnt know the chase group I was in was riding for about 20th though until I came through the feed zone. I was still feeling good, but when I heard how good our placing was the adrenaline flowed and I rolled right off the fron of the group. It was tough going the 2nd lap basically alone, but there was no way I would let anything slow me down once I was in the top 15. Looking at the results and especially the dnf list it's still crazy to me to see all of the awesome riders that were in our field. A couple random videos

Short track start

After XC finish

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dana, I love this new blog of yours. I am so excited about your awesome finish at Sea Otter. You are one of the guys to beat now.

    ReplyDelete