Thursday, April 2, 2009

Working it out

So Fontana was an awesome race. There was a huge talented field of 111 pros, a good tough course, and those are really the most important things to make for a good race. The nasty climb that everyone was talking about was only about 3 minutes into the race and that meant craziness on lap 1. I managed to survive any crashes of the start line, ran up the climb with everyone else and was around 50th over the top. From there it was back to my usual mode of slowly working my way up from one small group to the next - to 30th place by the end. Knowing how my fitness held up with that effort I'm confident that I'll be able to be a little more aggressive at the next one.

This week has been pretty typical, working and a couple training rides.

Tuesday I did an easy spin and then looked over my mountain bike. Heard a sloshing noise when I was looking at the breaks and realized there was water in my frame. Took the seatpost out and several ounces of water poured out from my ride in the rain the previous week – oops.

Yesterday I worked it out on the 7 sisters climbing loop in Laguna. I was pretty tired at work during the day and my back is bothering me some, but I was able to get in some good climbing anyway. We’ll see if I can go hard again tonight with a tempo workout and then take it easy for the Sagebrush race on Sunday.

Looks like the 50 mile ride was a success - http://www.50mileride.com/news.html

No comments:

Post a Comment