Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nationals

Nationals was hard! Even with really good fitness I could only manage about 40th place throughout the first two laps. Luckily for me it was a (slightly long) 5-lap race and I was able to maintain my pace and work by a lot of people on the 2nd half of the race. My goal was a top 15 which didnt happen, but I wasn't that far off which is pretty encouraging for a race at 8,500ft.

I thought the the cross country course was tough until seeing where they ran us for the short track the next day. Not sure how we were doing sub 2:30 laps because the climb alone seemed a lot longer than that. My legs were better than expected and I fought hard to get 21st...

The couple days after a big race are always the toughest for me. I don't know how much is mental vs. physical, but I'm obviously tired and my motivation goes all over the place. Sometimes I'm fired up for more, but tired. A lot of times I just dont feel like doing anything. I've felt both ways on and off today. Either way it's tough to get back into the swing of things at work and home after being out a couple days. There's a lot to catch up on and not much energy to do it with.

go time

not sure whats going on here

beth at the mountain cross

1 comment:

  1. Good job at the race Dana! I'm glad I got to talk to you over the weekend. Do what it takes to stay motivated there's still more racing to do!

    ReplyDelete