Friday, July 31, 2009

Train and Burn

Great training the first half of this week: hill repeats Monday at Pelican Hill - hard, but not too long. Eldo Crit in Long Beach Tuesday. Tempo mtn bike ride through Whiting, Old Camp, and the Luge on Wednessay. The crit was really good training - and works my weaknesses for sure. Short burts of power are the one thing that you do a good amount of in cross country races, but I do least in training. Pulling through when Rashan Bahati and some other really good crit racers are trying to force a break is hard! It was pretty fun overall though, just under an hour at 28mph.

Wednesday I was about 2 minutes from being done with my tempo climbing on the mtn bike and about to start heading home when i crashed pretty hard. Very easy downhill section of trail, but I was going 20 plus mph and my front tire must have drifted into some looser gravel than I was expecting. Split second later I'm sliding down the trail on my side. Skinned elbow, little bit on my knee, ribs, and a pretty bad one on my hip. Snapped my remotoe fork lockout in half also. Rode it home though, minus the water stop at Cooks Corner since I didnt want to go in there with ripped shorts and a bloody knee. Yesterday and today I planned rest days so as weird as this sounds - it was good timing. There's a picture of my hip but I dont think anyone would want to see it.

Another nice summer weekend in SoCal coming up and then it's time to pack for the east coast trip. Actually a lot of that will have to happen this weekend so things don't get too stressful and I can just work and ride next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment