Tuesday, August 11, 2009

East Side

Great trip here on the East Coast so far! Vemont was beautiful, including the weather! and Mount Snow put on a great weekend of racing as usual. Once again I felt a little off 100% in the XC, but still put my head down and rode as hard as I could. In the end it was good for 29th out of about 75 guys. Not the top 15 I was hoping for, but it just wasn't my day for whatever reason. The short track was similar for me, but I was at least enjoying the pain. Mount Snow has the best short track course and makes for great racing. Outside of the racing things were really mellow and we didnt do much else which was nice.

Yesterday we took a bunch of awesome back roads through Vermont and made our way to Montreal, eh. Actually everything here is French - road signs, menus, and thats all anyone is speaking. Very interesting. It's rainy so we're going to tour around this morning and hopefully get out for a spin this afternoon. There are some designated bike lanes that are more like a seperate bike road here as well as some cool looking city bikes, where you can swipe your credit card and rent them for about $2.50 an hour.

Tomorrow we'll head back to Vt for a day and then on to Windham for the race. Don't plan on training much, hopefully one hard ride on Wednesday and easy days besides that...

No comments:

Post a Comment