Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Workin it back in Cali

We're back to the rat race here in CA. A couple busy days at work and I'm finally getting caught up. It's crazy how opposite Southern California is compared to Vermont. Especially in the summer when everything here is mostly crowded and mostly brown. The way people race around to get to work in the morning is wearing me out in itself.

This evening will be my first time on the bike since the XC in Windham. I didn't feel like riding the last couple days, so I figure my body needs the time off the bike. The race in Windham was a good one for me. I ended up 25th, which was not exactly the result I wanted, but I feel that I was riding well and am happy with how I raced. This year the top 30 and especially top 20 has been a lot more competative than last year. Based on how well I've been training this spring and summer I know that I am riding faster than I ever have. My results have been more consistent and I can now go top 30 on an average feeling day, but it has been harder to get in the top 20 because the competition is better. So the last couple races have been a little challenging for me. I'm riding better, but the results aren't my best ever... Looking forward to some local races in CA through September. Hopefully a few people from out of state make it to the US Cup race in Bonelli.

A few more favorites from our trip:

Eating and hanging out in montreal

Coffee in Jamaica

Stowe

No comments:

Post a Comment