Thursday, December 31, 2009

On and Off

Taking forever to feel 100% but the time off work sure has been great! It seems like most people are off or not working very hard this week since our messages and email have been really light. Sounds good to me.

Tuesday was an awesome day and I hit the San Juan trail with Noah, everytime I ride it I'm reminded why people call it the best trail in Southern California, it's that fun.
Check out all the tiny switch backs going to the canyon floor

Wednesday turned into a drizzly mess and I rolled home after 1 hr on the road bike already soaked. Took a nap and took the Rodeo to get the tire fixed at Wal-Mart. Not exaclty the perfect afternoon.

Today was back to awesome with beautiful blue skies and another great mtn ride after busting out some work in the morning. Best part was my slight nagging cold symptoms disappeared once on the bike. We rode the Santa Anas and ended up going to the peak - 18miles of climbing followed by an amazing 10mi decent... 2.5hrs up and 1hr down. The legs were good, trails tacky and views amazing. If I stay well tonight and back it up with the New Years group ride tomorrow I'll finally be on my way to the solid endurance training i've been so anxious to get started. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dana! Yesterday Matt and I rode the Barton Creek Greenbelt trail all the way into downtown Austin from where we live. It was about 25 miles round trip and took almost 4 hours. There are a few hike and bike sections and 3 creek crossings. The hike and bike sections are on a rock ledge on the side of a cliff. On one part Matt has to take my bike across for me so I can hold the chain bolted into the side of the cliff with both hands. Normally you don't get wet when crossing the creeks, but the water has been unusually high lately and at one crossing the water was up to our knees! It's cool that you have so much good riding there in SoCal, we're happy to have found some good riding here so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet - the greenbelt is a weird mix of trails but thats really cool you can hit some from your house (and go to downtown to make a big ride if you want). The race at Lances ranch at the end of May was added to the USA Cycling Pro Series...

    ReplyDelete