Friday, December 11, 2009

Working Away

This week has flown by! I guess that's what happens when things are busy. My Tue - Thur routine was pretty tough and I am finally just chilling this evening. The days I trained this week started with rolling out on the bike just after 6am. 2:15 ride time followed by work from 8:30 to 6:00 or so. Then on Tues and Thur I went straight to the gym for a short but solid weight workout. After dinner Beth and I would hang out for a couple hours at most and then it's bedtime. Not so glamorous, but that's what it will take for the next couple months to build some sound fitness while dealing with the short daylight.

All the changes in the National level mountain bike races lately have been pretty crazy. I think the main issue is USAC not stepping up to the plate in helping to promote the pro series. It's too bad, but at least there are a lot of good promoters out there making good races happen anyway. Still not sure if I want to focus on making it to the uci races, and eventually a world cup so I eventually have a chance at worlds - OR go after the most popular west coast races and actually win something for a change... Lances ranch on May 31 will most likely be on the schedule either way though...

A recent trip to trader joes - i eat a lot of granola bars...


2 comments:

  1. So after riding for 2 hours before work, how do you get cleaned up? I've heard that Mellow Johnny's in Austin offers commuters a place to shower before heading into work in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I clean up a little with the bathroom sink and apply deodorant... Not the greatest but luckily our winter weather works well for this since it's usually 45-55 degrees in the morning. I leave extra clean clothes and snacks at work at the start of the week so I don't have to carry anything when I ride.

    ReplyDelete