Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday Already?

This week really flew by, I guess that's what happens when you're busy... Now it's time for the Sagebrush Safari to kick off the season tomorrow morning. Cool to hear a few people have made it down here from out of state to get in some good racing. Too bad they ended up with rain today and so did I. It was just starting to dry out around 11 so I headed out on the road bike for an easy spin with few efforts. Within 10min it started raining - off and on for the next hour and a half, just enough to get soaked. Of course it's stopped raining again now, but it was still a fun ride. Anyway, my goal for tomorrow is to beat my time from last year. Sagebrush was in early April last year, 3 or 4 races into the season, but I still think I may be able to beat my time even though it's the first race for me this time around. I would actually welcome some mud, which would slow things down, but it's pretty sandy out there and I don't think that will happen.

Only 2 more weeks of rolling out at 6am to train! The time change will be awesome for riding, but only once I get my eating schedule at work dialed in so I'm fueled and energetic at 5pm. It's not easy either, but my body picks up the routine after a week or two.

Anyone want to join me in Puerto Rico at the end of March?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a great weekend. You are so crazy, you even have an eating schedule!!!

    ReplyDelete