Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bonelli Triple Crown

Bonelli was a good all around weekend of racing. The venue is only about 45 minutes away from home for me but with the afternoon starts the races took up the entire weekend. The Saturday XC was a good test on a short, somewhat hard course. We did 6 laps in 1:45 to give you an idea. I felt good throughout, but not 100% fresh and ended up 24th in a field of about 60.

The short track was one of the fastest courses I've been on and the race was only 15min plus 1 lap. The start was key and ended up dead last. A couple laps in I was feeling pretty good and moved my way up to 20th out of about 35 guys. Again good, but not quite what I was hoping for.

The Super D was basically a 7min time trial about 45min after the short track and I nailed it. I was able to get in a bit of a zone and simply rode my fastest for 6:31 and that turned out to be pretty fast - check it out!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/bonelli-park-ne/super-d/results

Now I'm somehow already in the middle of a crazy week - super busy at work and trying to get ready for Puerto Rico. I will definitely take it easy training wise, there's no fitness to be gained between now and Friday with too many other things going on. Adios


2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about your trip to Puerto Rico, way to go at your races this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the 8 of hearts now? Awesome podium finish homie. Sent you an email. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete