Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update

Finally an update here - it's been a while. A little bit of a tough week for me after the Whiskey Off Road in Prescott last weekend. I had an off day there and have been trying to recover since. I think there is hope for this weekend in Idyllwild though after my shortened rides the last 2 evenings. It's my last big goal race of the "spring" before a couple weeks off to re-group for the summer races.

I raced 3 weekends in a row in March, had Easter weekend off, then 4 races in a row including this upcoming weekend... No wonder I'm having to cut back the riding so much to stay fresh!

Prescott was pretty cool and I do recommend the event. I was expecting a "fun" ride with a few guys racing at the front, but it was much more of a race right from the start. My lack of warm-up combined with underestimating the altitude had me hurting from the beginning. The sweet single track sections near the beginning and end made up for the discomfort somewhat, but the 25 mile jeep road section in the middle was terrible... Overall great event in a cool town though and after finishing I immediately hoped to make it back next year and put in a good ride there...
The Idyllwild Challenge this weekend is also a killer race and anyone wanting to visit SoCal to do a race - i recommend you come to this one next spring.

Time to book hotels for some auction winners coming to see Dancing with the Stars...

PS - Beth is taking on her first half ironman at one of the biggest triathlons in the US this weekend - Wildflower - wish her luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment