Monday, July 5, 2010

More Training

Wow, another week has flown by. A lot has been happening since my 7 sisters ride last weekend. 5 days of work obviously, but also a lot of training and some trip / race prep...

Tuesday night I made it out to the Over the Hump training race at Irvine Lake for the first time this summer. It's an awesome event with close to 300 racers per week! The course is open and easy, but makes for good training, and the best part is that probably 75% of the racers are complete beginners to sport level riders. There are a ton of mountain bikers in Orange County, most don't race, and this event has some of them giving it a try (and coming back for more). Oh, I was feeling good and was able to ride away with it for a little confidence boost.

Thursday evening I did the training crit at the Irvine "Great Park" which is not great and not a park yet - still just on old air base. Flat, wide open and windy, it was even better training for me, and I certainly wasn't close to winning anything with some guys like Bahati there. Friday I took a long lunch and got a massage - something I almost never do - and the results were pretty good with fresh legs again Saturday. Rode to Old Camp with Noah and just went tempo up the climb, with a respectable time under 44min. Then Sunday I did the fastest version of the Como ride I've seen all summer. I guess there were no road races over the weekend because there were a lot of strong racers there pushing the pace. I didn't get to pull as much as normal, but still got a couple all out efforts in.

Now rest and back to work for a few days before Dville! Staying busy but life is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment