Sunday, September 26, 2010

Summer is finally here!

 It was 100+ degrees in SoCal this weekend which turned out to be a good thing for me today - more on that in a second.  This week was spent focused on work, but I was able to get my Remedy up and running again for a sweet Thursday evening ride on some of the more infamous trails nearby.  Saturday the weather turned hot (100) and after a fun mountain bike ride through El Moro in the morning the ocean looked so inviting I went straight down to the beach after my ride and jumped in.  60 degrees = awesome!  

My "rest" and lack of structured training actually had me out of whack and kind of in a funk the last couple weeks.  This week I was finally coming around and feeling good with the lack of riding.  I knew I still have some fitness in me though and decided to give it a go at the first race of the SoCal Prestige cross series this afternoon out by Irvine Lake.  My second row start was no problem with the mountain bike since I could take whatever lines I wanted to get around people.  After moving up to the top 5 Sid rolled away from us and I decided to pace myself with the heat and just cruise with the chase group.  It worked out well and with 2 to go I rode away ffrom everyone else fairly easily and actually brought Sid back to only 10 seconds at the finish.  Not bad on the mountain bike.  Next weekend brings a big cross race here in SoCal with back to back UCI races.  With some momentum going and good prize money on the line - I'm still going to call it a season and get out on Beths surfboard instead!!  Next weekend you can find me at the beach

Beth is out on the ocean tonight supporting our friend Ray in his Catalina Channel attempt - check out his fundraiser - http://www.clubdustfundraiser.blogspot.com/


Tarantula  

My Remedy is back in action on it's natural terrain


Beth in Laguna!

No comments:

Post a Comment