Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wrap -Up


Doesn't look like I was too excited on the podium at Bonelli.  Somehow I finished 4th despite quitting the race at the end of the first lap.  I worked really hard (and carefully) to get some good fitness going just for this race and was determined to give Sid a run for it.  I was rested and motivated.  I even made it around the first lap with the front group and wasn't physically blown, but mentally something wasn't there.  I sat up and watched my last goal for the season ride away from me.  But I couldn't decide where I should pull off the course so I kept pedaling.  I wasn't racing but I also wasn't stopping, and a few weird laps later I finished the thing. 

So no big celebrations for me going into the off season.  I still consider myself fortunate, lucky, and blessed to have experienced the great year I had racing bikes.  Now I just need to figure out how to relax and enjoy some time away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment