Saturday, February 19, 2011

2011 Season Preview!

Sometimes (ok, most of the time) working a full time job and being competitive in an endurance sport is really hard.  Of course there are all kinds of reasons why endurance junkies always want more and are never satisfied - so we keep going.


For me though, the challenge and motivation has become more and more clear as time goes on.  Out of the countless rides and hundreds of races I've done there have been a few moments where I was truly feeling great, powering along almost effortless, and railing sections of trail near perfectly.  But I've never once thought "This is it, this is the best I can ever ride!"  We can always get better. I don't know when I'll be staisfied with what I've done in racing. In a lot of ways I'm already satisfied, and in some ways I never will be.  Most important I'm still finding ways to get better and truly loving the journey.

This year I have the advantage of the biggest races of the spring taking place close to home.  From there my summer plans are still a work in progress.  See you at the races!


Feb 27: CA State Series - Sagebrush Safari


March 12: ProXCT / Triple Crown Bonelli Park – San Dimas
March 26: ProXCT / Triple Crown Fontana City National – Fontana


Apr 2: Warrior's Society Vision Quest!
April 16: ProXCT Sea Otter Classic – Monterey
April 30: ProXCT Mellow Johnny’s Classic – Austin, Tx


June 4-5: US Triple Crown - Santa Ynez (Triple Crown)
June 25: ProXCT Subaru Cup - Mt Morris, WI


July 9-10: Downieville!
July 16-17: NATIONALS - Sub Valley, ID


July 31: Canada Cup - Panorama Mountain Resort
Aug 7-9: Trans Rockies TR3
Sept 17: Marathon Champs – Bend OR
Oct 1: CA State Champs - San Dimas

No comments:

Post a Comment