Monday, March 14, 2011

Whoa Nellie Bonelli

Wow, that was a tough weekend.  The first race of the National Series is in the books.  I felt good going into things, liked the tough course, and just didn't have it in the XC... 

After a long winter of training and a decent week leading up to the race it was super disappointing to come up short on the big day.  I was so frustrated with things I definitely wasn't excited to do the Super D or short track.   But all I could do was have some faith and try again.  The "super d" was basically a 7 minute time trial in which I rode a lot more respectably to end up 14th.  Sunday afternoon was the last race of the weekend - a super fast short track where I managed an 18th place.  I finally felt really good in this one and only missed out on racing with the front group for a top 10 after a couple tactical mistakes and getting caught behind a couple crashes.  It was a pretty aggressive race and was actually fun!!  No photos, but here are the race reports:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/us-pro-xct-1-bonelli-park-2

Follow all that up with a frustrating Monday at work...  and I need some rest

No comments:

Post a Comment