Sunday, April 24, 2011

Crazy

Wow, things have been a little too busy the last couple of weeks.  9 straight hours a day at work leaves me a little burned out on the computer so not too many updates here...

Easter weekend has been great though.  Beth and I finally had some time to rest and recharge a little.

Sea Otter was a fun weekend for me with another good race, but once again, not nearly what I was hoping for.  My fitness is as good as ever right now, but busy weeks have kept me from being 100% fresh at a lot of the races this spring.  Plus the competition has just been super fast at the nationals this year.   At Sea Otter the start on the Laguna Seca car track is the most sketchy start of the year and this time was no exception with a couple big crashes that I narrowly missed.  I was stuck mid pack going into the bottleneck leaving the car track and 8 laps later I was 39th out of about 120 starters.   I'm all for short, spectator friendly courses, if they involve some decent mountain bike trails, but the pro course at Sea Otter really doesn't have any...

Monday I was able to check out the live tv coverage of the Boston marathon and see Ryan Hall make history.  He lead the entire first half in what turned out to be the fastest marathon in history (2:03) and finished 4th with a new American Record (2:04 and change)!!  4:46 miles - amazing stuff!!  I'm also really proud of Beth for raising over $1,000 for the Hall Steps Foundation, finishing Boston under 4hrs (her 3rd ever marathon).  I was also a little jealous of the post race dinner with the other Steps fundraisers and Ryan himself...


A few really busy days of work later and Thursday evening I set my own PR on a local 6 mile climb - the Santiago Truck trail.  Maybe I'll have something special for the Mellow Johhny national next week before taking a few week break in May...

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment