Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mellow Johnny ProXCT

I love going back to Texas to race!  The weather is usually challenging, but I really enjoy the technical courses.

Going into Mellow Johnny's I thought it may be my last National Series race, possibly for good.  My work and riding balance has been more challenging and stressful on me this year, and my Bonelli / Fontana / Sea Otter results weren't worth what I was putting myself through to get them.  I wasn't ready to quit, I know I have a lot of great racing still in me.  But I really needed to break away from being a slave to my results, and find a better daily balance.  And things changed some in the last couple of weeks.  After a mediocre Sea Otter I did my best (and am still working) to focus on having joy and experiencing God on all of my training rides, and everyday, rather than only having joy if my performance is good.  I then went to Tx to enjoy the experience, visit family, and put in one great effort before a couple weeks rest.  I came away with 10th, matching my best ever National result!!  And this time was by far the closest I have ever come to a podium finish - which was only 54 seconds ahead... With that how can I be done with the nationals?

Results on Cyclingnews
 

Talking with Dee after the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment