Saturday, May 14, 2011

Time Away

It's been a good week off the bike!  Last Saturday after riding the L'Etape (ride on the Mt Baldy stage of the upcoming Tour of CA) I started my off week cold turkey.  Sunday and Monday I went through the expected funk, hungry and tired most of the time, both days.  I've come around pretty good since then with some really productive days and even a little bit of rest.  Recovery is definitely the biggest challenge with working full time and competing seriously at an endurance sport.  Being a busy body by nature doesn't make things any easier...


The second part of this week has also been a good chance for me to start thinking about the second half of the racing season.  For the first time in a few years, I went through the spring not knowing exactly what goals I would go after in the summer and fall.  I've been praying consistently for some direction and really want to make sure I'm staying on the path that God has planned for me.  I have both a really good job, and really great racing opportunities in front of me, and there just isn't time or energy to do everything I would like to.  I know God has a plan for me though, if I am just patient and persistent enough in waiting for the vision to be fulfilled.  Hab 2:3...

Today I finally have a weekend day without riding and I'm loving it. It's not very often that I have a day without work OR training. It's also Beth's birthday so we get to head out to a nice dinner with some friends.  Thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment