Saturday, August 6, 2011

Training Block

The work is done and tomorrow morning Beth and I are off to Switzerland!  I'm so thankful to be able to make this trip and looking forward to some vacation time, and of course some big races - The Eiger Bike Challenge and The Grand Raid!

After racing Downieville and Nationals I took a rest week and then did a big 11 training block focusing on endurance rides both weekends with lots of climbing.  I also raced Over the Hump twice for some intensity.  In the end I logged about 30 hours and 35,000ft of climbing.  I followed that up with 3 days of 45min recovery spins, then a pretty tough 3.5hrs with a solid hour of tempo climbing today.  Now it's time to travel, a couple more easy days, big ride Wednesday, couple more easy days, and then it's go time at the Eiger!




No comments:

Post a Comment