Monday, January 2, 2012

Holiday is Over

After a great visit to Texas and some much needed time away from work & riding, the last few days have been time to get back to business.  It's rare that I have multiple days off from work and am not going to a race.  So I took full advantage and was able to get in a really good endurance block.

The first couple days were great.  The New Years group ride was not as fun as years past though.  There were just too many stop lights and too much energy spent trying to avoid running into others in the 100 plus rider group.  A lot of it was probably my attitude, and for whatever reason I was just focused on getting in the miles and not enjoying myself along the way.  I was totally beat afterwards and wasn't sure how the mountain bike ride would go today.  It was a gorgeous day though and within minutes I was feeling really good and having fun.  My focus was back where it should be, enjoying the trails and thankful to have the amazing health that allows me to do what I love.  Guess it's back to work too!

Thur: 4hr mountain bike with 4,500ft climbing
Fri: 4hr road ride, Santa Ana Trail
Sat: 45min swim, 15min core workout, 1hr hike with Beth
Sun: 5hr road, New Years Day century
Mon: 5hr mountain bike, 100k with 6,000ft climbing

1 comment:

  1. Matt and I did a very similar ride on New Year's Eve to your Monday ride: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/137870827# . We didn't have quite as much climbing as you :). And about 6 1/2 hrs in we stopped at Whole Foods for pizza and milk.

    ReplyDelete