Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What a Week!

Man, life can be a little crazy sometimes.   But I've learned to always find a way to do what you love, even during the busiest of times.  It's hard to race mountain bikes at the pro level to start with.  Doing it with a full time job is hard to even explain, let alone do.  In my case working full time forces me to balance and prioritize my time, and somehow works for me.  Even if I wasn't working, I don't think I would be able to ride much better.  I would rest better, but I would probably over train pretty quickly. 

Anyway, this week I went from a good race at the CA series opener to a busy work week.  On top of work Beth and I are dealing with an offer we made on a house that is having some escrow problems.  By Wednesday I was on my 3rd rest day and still feeling fried.  Limiting my riding for the last 3 days to 1 hour total may have been good for my legs, but left my overall energy level in a pretty bad place.  On top of that I was stressed from everything else going on and planning to skip the Bonelli race to focus my energy on the endurance races that I'm doing in April.  But Thursday was a new day, we found out the house wouldn't go through for at least another week, and I went for a ride.  I didn't feel great but knew that my body could come around by Saturday and decided to go for it at the Bonelli ProXCT.  The race wasn't my best ever, but I pushed hard and pulled off a solid result in a short, tough race.  CYCLINGNEWS

Now this week I can get back into a routine I'm more comfortable with.  Logging hours on the bike.  It's time for a 2 week block with some decent volume and a little less intensity to get ready for the April 7 Vision Quest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment