Saturday, June 2, 2012

Base Week

My base week continues to go well.  I'm glad to be healthy again and having a really good time riding my bike.  Leaving at 7:30 for work and getting home from my rides at 7:30 in the evening makes for long days, but I was able to get it done all week.  It's been almost all endurance paced riding, just with a lot of climbing, and my legs are responding well.  Yesterday (Friday) evening it took me a while to get warmed up but in the middle of my ride I was able to put in a some intensity with a solid 45min tempo effort up the climb to Old Camp.  Today I wasn't real fresh, but still had felt good climbing Holy Jim.

For the week I'm at 18.5 hours and about 26,000ft of climbing.  Finishing it off tomorrow with the 7 Sisters climbs in Laguna should be an awesome way to end a great week.

BC Base Day 4 - Blackstar Motorway loop

BC Base Day 5 Old Camp from home with Tempo

BC base Day 6 Holy Jim, Upper HJ, Trabuco


No comments:

Post a Comment