Monday, June 25, 2012

BC Bike Race

It's only 4 days until I leave for Vancouver and 6 days until the gun goes off for the start of the BC Bike Race.  First, thank you to my family, friends, Pro Bike Supply and Cytosport for making the trip possible!  Over the last few days I've really wound down my training and started getting mentally ready for the race.  Not suprisingly I've started to overthink my fitness, how my legs feel each day, and all of the details that go into preparing for 7 days of racing with only 1 suitcase of supplies.  Over the weekend I realized just how much I was going down the path of worrying about my performance and my experience. 

After a little time in God's word today it was clear that I need to drop the entitlement.  Just because I worked hard and paid a lot for this trip doesn't mean that I should be guaranteed anything.  Instead I am realizing that it's a greatful heart and mindset that will allow me to get the most out of this experience.  I'm so blessed to have the health and opportunity to go race in one of the most beautiful places on earth.  My goal is to seek God's presence and enjoy every minute of it.  That won't be easy to do during the 2nd half of the week when I'm totally exhausted, but I've trained hard and am ready to race for a podium spot if it's in God's will for me.  Hopefully I can spread his good news some while I'm at it, even if only a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment