Sunday, September 23, 2012

Marathon World Championships

I will be representing the United States at the Marathon Mountain Bike World Championships in Ornans, France on October 7th!  The race will be 88 kilometers through the hilly French country side featuring the best endurance mountain bike racers from all over the world including defending champion Christoph Sauser (Swi) and former champion and 2012 Leadville 100 winner Alban Lakata. 

I qualified to race Worlds based on my result at the 2011 Grand Raid in Switzerland - an 80 mile race with 15,000 feet of climbing and over 2,000 riders.


 Unbelievable hike-a-bike section at mile 70 at the Grand Raid

It's been a long journey to get this opportunity and now that it's here I'm not letting it pass me by. A big thanks in advance to the lord Jesus Christ, my amazing wife, my familiy and friends, and sponsors Pro Bike Supply and Cytomax.  I'll keep you updated when my trip to Europe starts on the 29th!  Thank you!

UCI Marathon World Championships

1 comment: