Friday, September 14, 2012

Rolling with it

Well the Freedom 100 came and went without me and now I'm haning out in Bend Oregon.  The last couple weeks have flown by, but I'm healthy and ready to race a National Championship tomorrow.  The week leading up to the Freedom 100 just got too busy.  Things were a little crazy at work, I was on Daddy duty a couple nights while Beth started coaching her swimmers again, and 100 miles on the mountain bike was going to be too much only 5 days before I was set to travel to Bend. 

It turned out for the better as I got in a couple good rides at home and had a great time hanging out with Beth and Cameron.  3 more busy work days later and I was off to Bend.  All the hard work training is already in the bank, and even though things were busy at work I got some good rest in the evenings and am ready for a big effort on race day.  This morning I got my bike built, had a good ride, short nap, lunch, and registered.  Now it's time to prep the bike and bottles and chill for the evening.  The weather is nice, the trails are fun, and tomorrow morning it's time to see how fast I can cover 55 miles of Central Oregon trails!

1 comment:

  1. You chose a good weekend to leave town..it's in the mid-100s here in San Diego! Have fun, go fast, and glorify God!

    ReplyDelete