Monday, January 7, 2013

Holiday Happenings

Beth and I had a great time over the holidays.  After a couple stressful weeks of work and planning just before Christmas we ended up with lots of quality time with family, a little work, and a good chunk of riding for me.  The weather was cool and sometimes wet, but the beautiful days that followed were always worth it.  When the summer smog goes away we are lucky to live in a really beautiful place.  

It's amazing how time flies when you're having a good time visiting with family.  Sometimes I'm a little too comfortable with my routine and the changes with company in town stress me out.  But relationships are the most important thing we have and facebook and blogs can only do so much to help us stay in touch between real life visits.  In the end I'm really thankful for all the time we had with family this year!  

The break from work also allowed me to get in a really solid endurance block - 23 hours in 8 days.  I let my routine go and just went with the flow for a change and it all worked out pretty well.  After a few days of rest it's back to the obsessive schedule this week so I can get in some consistent training on top of the normal work week.  






No comments:

Post a Comment