Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Frustration

First I woke up in the middle of the night with a nasty stomach flu the day after True Grit.  I went about 24 hours with a fever and only ate 200 calories.  Probably not good following a 7 hour race...  I got better better pretty quick but still had 2.5 days of missed work to catch up in 3 days.  

Finally a week later I blew it at the Fontana ProXCT.  I was riding well and worked my way from a back of the pack start to about 15th by the halfway point.  But I wasn't into the race mentally and talked myself out of pushing through to the end and consciously rode below my potential from there.  In my mind that is the worst thing to let happen in a race.  As Prefontaine said, to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.  On a positive note it was great to have Mike from Stage21 out there for support.  He was there all weekend wrenching for the Crank Brothers women's team who had a great weekend as Chloe Woodruff took over the lead in the ProXCT series.  

All that behind me I had a great Easter with Beth, Cameron and friends.  This week I'm focused on being ready for whatever God has in store for me at the Vision Quest.  I came across a great verse for the week... "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way secure.  HE MAKES MY FEET LIKE THE FEET OF A DEER.  He causes me to stand on the heights.  He trains my hands for battle."  Psalm 18:32






No comments:

Post a Comment