Saturday, April 11, 2015

Riding on Faith

After the UCI races at Bonelli and Fontana I was really looking forward to a couple weeks of normal routine and solid training.  Things got a lot busier than I would have liked with work, my hamstring flaring up, and Cameron got sick again.  I kept after it though and made sure I got in the rides that I had planned to do.  Last weekend things came together pretty well with my riding and now I'm ready for 4 big races in a row.  The Bonelli UCI race later today is going to be an awesome event.  Then I have some really big goals for Sea Otter, Whiskey 50 and Marathon Nationals.  

My training and fitness have been solid, but not necessarily better than they've been at times in the past.  Now it's all about being fresh for the races and mentally ready to have a special day.  Both are a lot easier said than done.  For me being mentally ready means focusing on a more positive mindset and relying more on my faith.  I believe that I may still have my best ever race ahead of me.  God gave me the health and ability to race at the highest level.  Now I just need to get fired up about that truth and make the most of it!

Evening training
Zoo time
Play time
The local hills
With an amazing view
Mt Wilson, LA is down there somewhere
Mt. Wilson Climb
Big lunch after a big ride

No comments:

Post a Comment