Monday, March 16, 2009

For God's Glory

The other day I was thinking about how blessed I am and was reminded how much I enjoyed this article on Ryan Hall...

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-239-473--12789-1-1X2X3X4X5X6-6,00.html

This was written after he won the Olympic Trials Marathon and before the actual Olympics.

Also check out this video if you have the chance (Ryan training for the trials) - his running is amazing

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=e593f8eba239bada1a0c

1 comment:

  1. my fave quote from Ryan Hall:
    "You gotta have confidence. The question is, what are you putting your confidence in: your own ability? And what do you believe about your ability? Do you believe you've done something to deserve it? Or is it a gift? I believe I have a gift from God. But then I also have to train really, really hard. So I see it as being a good steward of the gift God's given me...it's my obligation to God to develop this talent the best I can."
    what a great way to view our purpose in all of this training and racing that we do.
    :) Beth

    ReplyDelete