Monday, March 9, 2009

Vision Quest

Saturday was an amazing day of mountain biking for 340 of SoCals most hardcore riders. I felt great on the initial climbs and pushed the pace with Manny for the first 3rd of the course. After the Maple Springs feed I settled down from race pace to more of a tempo pace since there was a good 3.5hrs of riding to go. I felt blessed to be riding well on such an awesome day and didn't have to start pushing myself mentally until the final loop out to the West Horsethief and Trabuco trails. My fueling was good and there was no bonking, but my legs and back were super tight, my concentration wondering some, and those 2 trails are of course the hardest of the day. After a flat on Trabuco my final time was 5:28 - beating my goal of 5:30 and within 15 min of Manny, one of the top endurance racers in N America. Today is busy at work so I'll have to write more later... Havent seen finishing times posted yet either...


Finishing the VQ feels sooo good

Manny and I cresting the towers above Beeks Place

There were a few ice chutes on the back of the peak

Happy Beth after a great Desert Triathlon Sunday


No comments:

Post a Comment