Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pro XCT - Co Springs

A very cool weekend of racing in Colorado. I felt good on race day and rode a really solid race for 24th. The course was tight and fast at the same time making the racing really close. I really wanted a top 20 at this one, but I lost just a tiny bit of gas on the last last and the group I was with got away from me. There was another large group behind me which I did manage to keep out of sight. Looking back I had a good start and rode all the climbing sections at my limit, the place to make up time would have been on the downhills on lap 1 and 2... but I was in a train of guys each time and there was no way for us to go at full speed on the tight trails.

The venue was really cool, great location, course fun, xc call up and start were a little un-organized, short track (which I didn't race) wasn't run very well, and I don't think they called up the top 5 pros for the Kenda Cup West Series. That was probably better for me since I think I finished a close 6th.

Colorado was beautiful as usual and we were also able to check out Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak. Of course too much time having fun on a travel day can leave things a little rushed at the airport. Ended up packing my bike up under a car wash at a gas station while it rained just outside the airport.

Anyway, cycling dirt has a cool video and some results listed - http://www.cyclingdirt.org/videos/coverage/view_video/235180-us-pro-xct-4-sand-creek-international-classic/186727-men-s-xc-colorado-springs

Very close racing on lap 1
Cruised in style all weekend

Sunday morning ride through Garden of the Gods

No comments:

Post a Comment