Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Round 2

Yesterday I started some heavy training for the late summer races. I will have a solid 3 week block and a taper week before nationals. After that will be at least a couple weeks of big races (tbd) on the East Coast. I've petitioned to USAC for entry to the World Cups since I don't have 20 UCI points to enter on my own. Being top 20 in our national series 3 years in a row and only having 5 UCI points is a little frustrating. Hopefully the momentum from this years US Cup series continues and all of the races can be class 1 UCI like the Canada Cup in 2010. Windham NY was awarded the World Cup finals next year which is huge.

Last night I found out that 30 sprints / accelerations makes for a hard workout, but the ride goes by fast since the rest periods seem so short mentally.

Skipping the local races this weekend to focus on some hilly endurance rides.

Is it weird that hearing that Beth got us Wallaby yogurt on sale may have been the highlight of my day?

What about this photo - weird for a pro mtn bike race?

Apparently the food vendors in the background were selling deep fried snickers bars...

1 comment:

  1. the wallaby yogurt sale was certainly the highlight of my week! i may get some more tonight =)

    ReplyDelete