Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nats Preparation

Riding and life have been going well the last couple weeks. A couple new best times up the Cholla and Old Camp climbs, busy at work, but not too busy, and some time to actually relax on the weekend. My schedule pretty much includes rest days on Mon & Tue, one of them completely off and an easy spin the other day. Short intervals (something I only do a few times per year) on Wed and Tempo ride through Santiago Canyon on the road bike Thursday. Off Friday and train hard again Sat and Sun for a total of 14 hours or so.

We're going to road trip it to Colorado, which is always an experience. At least I can bring chain lube and CO2 for my bike though.

The training has had me eating a lot, but i'm listening to my body and not getting too skinny and losing a little muscle like last year. Did have to go to bed a little early last night to keep from eating more brownies though...

No comments:

Post a Comment