Saturday, September 4, 2010

Winding up and winding down

Things have been slowly getting busier at work for me the last couple of weeks.  The spring and fall are the big seasons for fundraising events and things double compared to Dec/Jan or the summer months.  This week ended up being a little tough.  Luckily I needed to back away from my riding anyway.  Last weekend was the end of a 3 week training block and now it's time to rest up and see what I have to give at the State Championship. 

Tuesday was the last Over the Hump race and a good test for me at the end of all the training.  My day didn't go as smoothly as I hoped though and I was feeling tired by the time we got out there to warm-up at 5pm.  It was a nice evening though and a ton of people made it out (like 400 racers)...  Of course Sid, Tinker, and a handful of fast locals were there so I would really have to race for it.  Everyone was being a little tactical on the first half which wise fine since I was still waking up and starting to feel good.  Sid attacked and dropped us pretty fast and then not long after that a lapper crashed right in front of me blocking the trail and letting the others from the chase group get a pretty good gap.. So I rode tempo for the 3rd and 4th laps and still finished 4th.  It was a pretty fun evening and I was glad to be able to go fairly fast.




No comments:

Post a Comment