Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cholla

Tuesday was my interval day for the week and I ventured out to Aliso to get the job done.  It was still 90+ degrees at 6 in the evening, but the trails have more shade (and obviously less cars) than any of the road riding around here so Aliso ended up being a good choice. 


A couple fun trails before making my way to Cholla

Expedition size camelbaks are the norm, but I have no idea what these guys fill them with

The downhill, Cholla repeats are all about the climb

Ouch

A more interesting trail on the way home...

I managed a pretty good workout with 6 repeats, all between 3:21 and 3:27.  After some more mountain biking this evening and a big tempo ride Saturday I should be ready for a couple end of season races!

Also worth seeing - 2011 models from Trek - http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/

And don't forget to support my fundraiser for WBR - http://profundraiser.blogspot.com/ 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dana, glad to hear your training is going well. I like the pictures from your Cholla workout, you've got some pretty sweet trails to ride out there. Are you planning a TMBRA race showing this fall despite the fact that the Power Pedal has been replaced by the race in Abilene? Me, Matt, Dee, & Brett are doing the Camp Eagle race this weekend. We're going to miss the Tour of Austin races; maybe we'll try to catch Monday's crit. What is the name of the road out there that I've done hill repeats on with you before? The hills in Austin may not be as long, but they're steep! I hope you and Beth have a nice weekend. Ttyl!

    ReplyDelete