Thursday, November 18, 2010

Long Days

There isn't much exciting to report here.  The last couple of weeks have been pretty dedicated to real world activities, which just aren't that interesting to write about.  We did go to the second showing of Race to the Sky last week and it was SOLD OUT.  I guess that's a good thing for mountain biking.  My interest level in doing Leadville is still at about a 1 out of 10.  Seeing the La Ruta stage 1 coverage yesterday was really interesting though and my interest level on that one has made it up to about a 5.  There's something intriguing when guys who race mountain bikes all year, repeatedly say this race is the hardest thing they've ever done...  Well I went running for 30 minutes last night and that was pretty hard.  I'm thinking about doing a mile for time, it shouldn't be too hard to get a PR since I've only run a mile for time once since high school. 

Sunday was a beautiful all day ride and Beth finished her first century!  I actually think we did 105mi and after being calm all day, the only wind we had was a headwind for the last hour, making the finish pretty tough.  Did I mention it was a beautiful day?  Overall we had a great time and it looked something like this:






No comments:

Post a Comment