Monday, November 8, 2010

Zion

Things have been good lately.  Work has been challenging, but I've been having some really good times also.  This past week was my last chance to do anything outside after work for the year, so I squeezed in 2 amazing sunset rides during the week.  Then I followed that up with a World Access for the Blind fundraising ride, run on the beach, and the san juan trial over the weekend.  Sure there was a big cross race going on in LA, but I don't feel like I missed out at all.  The previous weekened was our trip to Zion and we had an awesome time in an amazing place with Kath, Matt, Dee and Brett. 

Over the last couple weeks I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what I want my focus to be next year - which races - and WHY. The purpose and motivation behind my racing goals is more important than the goals themselves, so it's healthy to spend some time thinking those things through.

It's also nice to just get away from the race scene for a couple months and enjoy some other things in life - like Zion!







1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for a flexible work schedule, I was able to get off of work today at 4 and hit the trails to meet Matt in downtown and ride home with him. I can't believe how early it gets dark. We have good lights from when we did the 12 hr race and we don't have to worry about mountain lions here. We had a blast in Zion with y'all!

    ReplyDelete