Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Racers and Chasers Balboa Park

Wednesday evening on my 3rd week of a training block and I'm feeling it!  Tired and hungry!  I think it's still a good tired though.  The ride home from work is only 20 minutes, but it's never easy after a 2.5hr ride at 6am followed by an 8-9hr day at work.  I need to get in a core workout, but have run into trouble finding the time or energy for that the last couple weeks.

We had an awesome weekend here in SoCal and Racers and Chasers put on a cool little race in Balboa Park San Diego on Saturday.  The San Diego Velodrome is, well ghetto, but Balboa Park is otherwise pretty awesome and literally within a few miles of downtown San Diego.  The hour and fifteen minute race was exactly the workout I needed and it's nice to start the season with a win.  I followed that up with a solo century Sunday - I guess the training is getting a little serious! Time to spin home for some much needed dinner and prep for tomorrow mornings mtn ride.






2 comments:

  1. Good job on your win Dana. You need to get in a core workout? Do you mean abs? What do you normally do for your core workout, just situps or something more interesting? Last night we were talking about the amount of gym time track racers have to put in. It's great how for most people just riding their bike is all they need to get faster. That's 3930 miles since when?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For core i work a little beyond abs, but it only takes a few simple exercises and about 10-15min. I don't know all the proper names, but planks, mountain climbers, lower back extensions, one leg squats, and that's about it... No gym for me this year. That's 3900 calories on my long ride sunday!

    ReplyDelete