Saturday, July 30, 2011

Back to Busy

Wow time flies!  2 really busy weeks in the books since racing in Idaho and now only a week before we take off for Europe!  Work has been crazy and I initially rested for a week after Idaho, then jumped into some crazy endurance rides. 

Last weekend I was good for 4 hrs and 6hrs with about 13,000ft of climbing between the two.  Somehow I followed that up with a good ride at the Over the Hump race on Tuesday, but I think I've been a little fried since.  Today's training on baldy was good in the sense that I got a lot of climbing in and my legs felt good.  But I blew up pretty good in the heat and my heart rate went sky high for the whole second half of the ride (like 175 at endurance level power...)

Anyway, another long day tomorrow (on the mountain bike) and then some rest to let the body adapt to the big rides... life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment