Monday, July 18, 2011

A little more from Idaho

Sun Valley was beautiful and the town did a great job in hosting Nationals this year! 

The cross country race went well for me and I pulled off a solid top 30 on a pretty tough course.  All the talk about the pro race focused on the steepness of the climb, and that really is where the race took shape.  It was steep enough that everyone was riding their smallest gear and the race was more about riding my own pace then racing the guys that were around me.  I was able to ride steady 6 lap times all within 1 minute of each other and slowly work my way up through a field of about 75 guys.  Not once in the race did I know what place I was in and that was actually nice for a change.  I just rode the best I could in the moment and when I rolled across the finish line I was happy with the effort I left out on the course.

In the end I decided not to ride the super d or short track.  The late registration fees were ridiculous, I was happy with my xc, and also wanted to do a fun ride with friends on Sunday.  We found a beautiful loop north of town and had a great ride to wrap up the weekend.  Now it's back to business for me with what will surely be a crazy week at work.  Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment