Thursday, July 14, 2011

Downieville Classic

Downieville was once again one of the funnest races of the year.  It's a tough 10 hour drive from SoCal but spending the weekend in a cabin on the river and riding some amazing trails makes it more than worthwhile.  The races are tough though!  The courses are serious mountain bike trails and there's a lot of fast guys.  After not doing any racing for about 2 months I got off to a good start on the 3,000 ft climb in the cross country.  Nearing the top I was in about 7th with the top 3-6 still in sight when my shifter just stopped working.  The next half of the race was a pretty tough go with only 2 gears to work with but I still finished 16th.  I put in a good run in the downhill but didn't quite get the result I was hoping for and ended up 17th...  One of my goals in racing this year is to seek satisfaction from how I perform regardless of the results that play out.  But it's easier said then done and even though I rode well and enjoyed the moment during my run - it turned to disappointment when I saw the result.  Even without the races I was hoping for, Downieville was a great weekend spent with my awesome wife and good friends. 






2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, the stream really looks inviting, bet it felt great.

    Trek Mountain Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story and pictures! And awesome 16th place finish with just 2 gears!

    ReplyDelete