Friday, September 9, 2011

Vacation's Over!

Returning home from vacation always means a lot of catching up to do.  Returning home from a 3 week vacation...  actually wasn't that bad.  Despite a cold last week and being really busy at work, things are good!  It helps a lot to be training less this time of year.  Tuesday was the only workday that I did a workout this week and it was a tough day.  At work by 7:30, worked pretty much straight through to 5, then on the bike from my office, and not home until 7:45 (a lot more worn out then 12 hours earlier when I left).  Not too big of a deal one day week, but it was tiring, and I'm not sure how I was doing those days back to back earlier in the year. 

Of course I was riding for a reason and the season isn't over just yet...  This weekend I'm in for the Racers and Chasers 100mi race in San Diego (tomorrow actually) and after some prayer, I decided to take a chance at Marathon Nationals in Bend on the 17th!!   100mi mountain bike races have become a lot more popular lately, but I really had no desire to do one, until I saw Racers and Chasers making one happen.  They promote some really good races in SoCal and the course has "only" 10,000ft of climbing so it's not too much of a beast.  The hope is that I don't work my body over too bad and bounce back for a strong ride in Bend the next week.  Marathon Nationals is half the distance at 50 miles, but will be raced at a lot higher intensity.  I was pretty unsure about going to Bend while busy at work and only a week after the 100 miler I had already committed to.  But I'm taking a bit of a step in faith and we'll see what happens.

We'll leave this with a pretty strong verse for the day “I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love ….” Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment