Saturday, October 22, 2011

Off season...

It's been kind of tough taking a break from riding!  I'm not dying to ride, but my energy and moods go through a pretty good funk when I stop riding for a couple weeks.  I'm finally coming around and feeling good again, but it's amazing how much rest the body wants after a season of racing.  Once my body starts to rest, it wants more and I'm more tired and hungry then weeks when I'm training. 

Anyway, it's all good and I have 2 weeks before the time change to really enjoy a few good sunset rides and beach hikes.  I'm lucky to have some pretty cool single track within a few minutes ride of home and I plan to start taking better advantage of that during the off season. 

Let the mountains sing together for joy (ps98:8) - see you on the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment