Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Idyllwild Challenge

Going through a great day feeling frustrated.  It's not the attitude I want to live with, but that is where high expectations sometimes lead.  And that's how things went Saturday in Idyllwild.  

It was a beautiful day and I rode great on my absolute favorite race course.  Zach Valdez and Tinker simply rode stronger than me though and were out of sight from the first 20min of the race.  I've ridden well at Idyllwild and been on the podium several times before.  But this year it was my own expectations that put me in a position to only be happy if I won.  Of course there is nothing wrong with being competitive, but relying on results for satisfaction is not why I ride and I lost focus of why I truly love riding last week.  My prayer this week is that I get my focus back to riding simply to make the most of the gifts God gave me - always being thankful and joyful along the way.  

Like I said, Idyllwild actually was a great day, thank you to my facebook friends for the photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment