Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sagebrush Safari and Sick Week

Well the Sagebrush Safari was a tough day - 3hrs 30min at 100 degrees and 176 ave heart rate takes a toll! Despite a really steady race and leaving it all out there near the end, I was only able to come away with 3rd after Sho-Air riders Eric Bostrom and Brendon Davids had a great day and went 1-2. After 4 weekends in a row with 3hr races I just wasn't fresh enough to ride with those guys. Still the course has some really fun trails and I had a great time racing with a solid chase group throughout the day. It was awesome to ride with my friend Ryan Clark and even have to sprint him at the end for 3rd.   Thanks to Dave McElwaine for covering the event and some of the photos.

I was already planning to rest a few days after the race and then jump into a big training block to start prepping for the BC Bike Race which is only 5 weeks away now. Then I woke up in the middle of the night Tuesday with a sore throat. After avoiding it for a week I got the nasty cold that Beth had for over a week. And here I am - typing on a computer instead of training this morning. My patience is being tested a little, but I'm confident that some rest and good foods will get me right where I need to be before the weekend is over - healthy and training hard.





No comments:

Post a Comment