Thursday, July 5, 2012

BC Update

This race is a lot of work!  I've raced 5 days in a row now and think the shortest race was 2hr 25min.  And most of those minutes were spent on really technical single track.  Single track that I'm not quite used to and have to work really hard to get through.  It's a whole body workout for sure.  On top of that I try to do the following as quick as possible after finishing each race.

1. Find my gear bag in the pile of 500 identical gear bags.  Yes they are at least labeled and organized.
2. Make a recovery drink.
3.  Eat a couple other snacks provided by the race.
4.  Wash my very muddy bike.  I've spent more time washing my bike this week then the entire year leading up to the race.
5. Take a shower in the shower trailer.
6. Wash out my clothes a little at the bike wash or shower as possible.
7. Pick a tent in tent city.
8. Carry my 50 pound gear bag to the tent.
9. Set out my muddy wet gear to start (hopefully) dying.
10.  Call Beth!


Then it's time for dinner, maybe go to the daily awards / racer briefing, a little reading and bedtime.  Oh yeah, a couple of the days we also had to spend a coupe hours riding ferries and buses in there as well...


The courses have been great on days 3,4,5 and I have been feeling fairly good.  There is still energy to burn, I'm just a little achy and don't have the normal top end I would at any one day race.  I'm thankful to be here making the most of my good health, meeting some cool people (from 33 countries) and seeing some awesome places.  If you haven't been checking out the pictures - you should be!   


Thanks for following me!  Dana

http://bcbikerace.com/news-and-media/photos/day-4-sechelt

No comments:

Post a Comment