Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 1

After 2 long days of travel on planes, trains, boats, buses, buses, boats, buses (in that order) it was good to ride hard today.   And it takes a lot of hard effort to get though the technical, rooty, trails here smoothly.  After 2hr 40min I ended up 10th in the open field...   A couple pros are a whole level above everyone else and I lost about 5min to the 5-9th place guys.  It's not the result I dreamed of, but I truly enjoyed the day.  


The eating, packing, and travel process is starting to become routine.  Finishing the race early makes it easy to wash the bike and get a shower and avoid some of the lines everyone else has to wait in.  It will be crazy to do 6 more days of races as tough as today, but I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm excited to see what else God has in store for me this week.  For now it's time to get back to reading The Green Mile in the tent!  

No comments:

Post a Comment