Sunday, June 2, 2013

Back at It

Yesterday I jumped back into a hard training routine with a solo 100 mile ride around the roads and bike paths of Orange County.  It was a good day and I followed it up with 4 hours of tough single track in 90 degree weather on the San Juan trail.  Here we go for the second half of my season!!

The goal is to contend for the podium at Marathon Nationals and make my way to the Leadville 100 for the first time. Along the way will hopefully be the CA State Champs and Tahoe 100k.  

The last 3 weeks have been my mid season "break" and I had at least a dozen days off the bike all together, which I'm sure will be good for me over the next couple months.  But I did throw a few hard rides in there, was really busy at work, and had a great trip visiting family in Texas.  So it's not like I was sitting around.

All this is after a tough 3 week span in late April and early May.  It was pretty rough when things didn't go as well as last year at the Whiskey 50, Idyllwild Challenge, and Catalina Gran Fondo all 3 weeks in a row.  Of course I was hoping to do even better than last year at those races, and worked really hard to be ready to.  God had a different plan, and I was pretty ok with that.  But I got really frustrated with how much time and effort I put into my riding, only to be disappointed when things did't go how I hopped.   Now that I want to give more time and attention to Cameron I was asking myself if all the effort was worth it?  That's not an easy question for me to answer and only time will tell.  But for now, yes, I do have more to do at the races.

Hanging in Austin

Climbing above the clouds on the San Juan Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment