Monday, February 3, 2014

Sometimes we need a tough week to remind us that we don't have it that bad

Last week I had a challenging week, mostly just busy and stressed at work, while catching a cold and not feeling well late in the week.  Of course I know that being stressed at work or having a cold during training season is not that big of a deal.  But at the time it's easy for our minds to start racing about how that busyness and lack of energy is keeping us from what we really want to be doing.  Being in a better mood when I'm home with my girls in the evening, getting in training rides, going to visit family, simply feeling positive about my work and not overwhelmed...  At least that's how it is for me, when my days gets out of balance I start exaggerating everything in my mind.

Well as I was getting ready to write this I found out that a 21 yer old local cyclist and employee of Jax Bicycle Center was killed while riding on Santiago Canyon on Sunday morning.  It's such sad and terrible news, and really puts things back into perspective.  We're called to live with an attitude of thankfulness and joy, even on the bad days.  Be thankful for all the positive things you have in your life TODAY.  Do something to help or encourage a friend or co-worker.  Hug the one's you love and tell them you love them!   I'm heading home from work to do that right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment